‘I find August in England a rather torpid month. The trees and plants have all done their growing for the year and nature is hanging motionless in suspension before sinking slowly into the decline of winter. There is a brownish look to the countryside and the leaves are hanging heavy on the trees. But if it is nothing else, it is the month of the butterfly. Butterflies are lovely things. They do no harm to man himself either by stinging, biting or spreading disease. Nor are they beneficial to man as the silkworm is or the honeybee. The large white or cabbage butterfly is the only one that is a nuisance because it lays eggs on your cabbages and these hatch out into horrid hungry caterpillars…
I imagine, living in England, enjoying those scenes will make me stay awake, probably. Roald Dahl is an expert to describe any nature scenes combined with his feeling plus his sense of humor, or I think I would say, his-a-bit-horrid humor. Displaying the beauty of butterflies seems a perfect month of the year, but then end up as horrid hungry caterpillars. I can’t help laughing when I read this. Other months is actually as special as August, but I guess, Augusts ‘scene is a combination between the beauty and the beast :D
Apa scene-mu hari ini?
- Tuliskan suatu adegan atau deskripsi pemandangan/manusia/situasi/kota dan sebagainya dari buku pilihan kalian ke dalam suatu post.
- Jelaskan mengapa adegan atau deskripsi itu menarik, menurut versi kalian masing-masing.
- Jangan lupa cantumkan button Scene on Three di dalam post dengan link menuju blog Bacaan B.Zee.
- Masukkan link post kalian ke link tools yang ada di bawah post Bacaan B.Zee, sekalian saling mengunjungi sesama peserta Scene on Three.
- Meme ini diadakan setiap tanggal yang mengandung angka tiga, sesuai dengan ketersediaan tanggal di bulan tersebut (tanggal 3, 13, 23, 30, dan 31).